Early Identification and Screening for DBMH Conditions
1.0 NAPNAP Contact Hour. This continuing education activity is part of NAPNAP Cares and is offered free to NAPNAP Members until June 2025. The continuing education activity fee for non- members is $20.
This course will discuss the early identification and screening for developmental behavioral and mental health conditions.
Participants are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell this course in any other form. For copyright-related questions, please email your question to: email@example.com.
Copyright © 2023 by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners.
Keywords: Mental Health, developmental and behavioral health, screening, evaluation
This continuing education activity is administered by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) as an agency providing continuing education credit. individuals who complete this program and earn a 70% or higher score on the post test will be awarded 1.0 NAPNAP contact hours.
Pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses
- Discuss the role of behavioral/mental health screening for Pediatric healthcare providers
- Outline effective strategies for early identification of pediatric behavioral/mental health conditions
- Identify evidence-based screening tools for behavioral/mental health conditions
NAPNAP is excited to bring pediatric mental health continuing education to pediatric-focused APRNs through our educational initiative NAPNAP Cares.
NAPNAP Cares was developed in response to the pediatric mental health crisis in the United States.
We assembled a group of very experienced member experts who will discuss the evaluation, diagnostic decision making, and initial- and ongoing- management of a variety of mental health conditions and health promotion and anticipatory guidance.
- Refocusing the Diagnosis and Management of ADHD (1.25 CE, 0.5 Pharmacology)
- Communication Disorders (0.75 CE)
- Early Identification and Screening for DBMH Conditions (1CE)
- Learning disorders (1.25 CE)
- Feeding and eating disorders, Body Dysmorphic Disorder (1.5 CE)
- Substance use and addictive disorders (1.25CE, 1.25 Controlled substance)
- How to Identify and Treat Depression in Children and Teens (1.25 CE, 0.5 Pharmacology)
- Anxiety in Children and Adolescents (1.25 CE, 0.25 Pharmacology)
- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders (1.5 CE, 0.5 Pharmacology)
- Autism Spectrum disorders (1.25 CE)
NAPNAP Cares aims to prepare PNPs and pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs) to meet the mental and behavioral health care needs of pediatric patients and their families.
NAPNAP Cares is an extensive course library that provides accessible pediatric mental and behavioral health education and is suited for:
- pediatric-focused APRNs interested in expanding their knowledge in specific aspects of pediatric mental health
- pediatric-focused APRNs working towards the Pediatric Primary Care Mental Health Specialist (PMHS) certification
- PMHS-certified professionals looking to enhance their mental health knowledge
To support your learning experience, we invite NAPNAP members to join our online community where our subject matter experts will answer your questions and you can engage in conversations with them and with your colleagues. To join NAPNAP Cares community board, click here.
Not a NAPNAP member? To enroll in the courses for free and join our online community - Join NAPNAP today!
All courses will be available for free for NAPNAP members for the first 12 months on PedsCESM. Stay tuned for more courses to launch in December 2023 and June 2024. Look for updates in our newsflash and on social media.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anne Derouin, DNP, APRN, CPNP-PC, PMHS, FAANP
This continuing education activity is administered by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) as an agency providing continuing education credit. Individuals who complete this program and earn a 70% or higher score on the post test will be awarded 1.0 NAPNAP contact hours.
- 1.00 Contact hours