This continuing education activity is administered by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) as an Agency providing continuing education credit. Individuals who complete this program and earn a 70% or higher score on the post test will be awarded 1.25 NAPNAP contact hour, of which 1.25 is pharmacology and 1.25 psychopharmacology.
IMPORTANT: This continuing education activity is offered at a reduced rate to NAPNAP Members. You must be logged in using your NAPNAP Username and Password to be recognized as a Member of NAPNAP. If you are a current member of NAPNAP, and you are being asked to purchase this activity at the Non-Member rate, please contact the NAPNAP National Office at (877) 662-7627 to request assistance prior to entering any payment information.
Participants are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell this course in any other form. For copyright-related questions, please email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2018 © by National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
Pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses
- Discuss common sleep challenges in childhood and how to screen for them in primary care.
- Analyze best practices for promoting sleep hygiene for children with and without behavioral health conditions.
- Review specific over-the-counter medications, and their efficacy.
- Identify if/when and how to use prescription medications for pediatric insomnia.
- Explore the short-term vs. longer-term use of sleep medications in high-risk patient populations.
Naomi Schapiro, PhD, RN, CPNP-PC: Faculty, The University of California, San Francisco
Shawna Mitchell Sisler, MA, MS, MAPP, RN, CPNP-PC, PMHS: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner & Clinical Director, UCSF
Benioff Children’s Hospital, San Francisco
Dr. Schapiro and Ms. Sisler have been funded through HRSA Grant D09HP26958, Interprofessional Nurse Practitioner Education for the Collaborative Care of Children with Chronic Conditions (INPEC5).
- 1.25 Contact hours