Sleep in Children and Adolescents: Health Outcomes and Practice Implications
This continuing education activity is administered by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) as an Agency providing continuing education credit. Individuals who complete this program and earn a 70% or higher score on the post test will be awarded 1.0 NAPNAP contact hours, of which 0 is pharmacology content.
IMPORTANT: This continuing education activity is offered at a reduced rate to NAPNAP Members. You must be logged in using your NAPNAP Username and Password to be recognized as a Member of NAPNAP. If you are a current member of NAPNAP, and you are being asked to purchase this activity at the Non-Member rate, please contact the NAPNAP National Office at (877) 662-7627 to request assistance prior to entering any payment information.
Participants are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell this course in any other form. For copyright-related questions, please email your question to: email@example.com
Copyright 2016 © by National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
Pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses
- Discuss the developmental trajectory of sleep across childhood and common sleep challenges that parents may encounter.
- Identify the current research evidence linking sleep disruption to adverse physical and mental health outcomes.
- Review screening for sleep problems, including chronic sleep loss, in the pediatric primary care setting.
- Integrate the primary principles of sleep hygiene with interventions to motivate patients and apply sleep management strategies to improve health outcomes.
- Outline ways in which pediatric nurse practitioners can advocate for sleep health in the community.
Judith Owens, MD, MPH, Director of Sleep Medicine, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston
Dr. Owens has received grants/research support from Jazz, UCB; is a paid consultant for Jazz, UCB, Purdue, Rhodes Pharmaceuticals,Teva; has received honoraria from Web MD, Wolters-Kluwer.
- 1.00 Contact hours