Multidisciplinary Approach to Disordered Feeding
IMPORTANT: This continuing education activity is offered by The Association of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Nurses (APGNN). You must be logged in as a NAPNAP member to receive the member discount. If you are an APGNN member, you must use your coupon code to receive your reduced rate. If current members of either organization are asked to purchase this activity at the Non-Member rate, please contact the NAPNAP National Office at (877) 662-7627 to request assistance prior to entering any payment information.
Participants are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell this course in any other form. For copyright-related questions, please email your question to: email@example.com
Copyright 2018 © by The Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (APGNN) and National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP).
This continuing education activity is administered by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) as an Agency providing continuing education credit. Individuals who complete this program and earn a 70% or higher score on the post test will be awarded 1.0 NAPNAP contact hour.
Pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses, registered nurses, all nurses who work with children.
Module 1: Medical Management of Feeding Disorders
- Understand the importance of a multidisciplinary team approach to feeding disorders
- Describe common GI conditions that can lead to feeding disorder
- Discuss potential side effects of long term use of PPI's and current recommendations for pediatric patients
- Describe the mechanism of action for cyproheptadine, TCA's and gabapentin
- Describe current research regarding medical management of feeding disordrers
Module 2: Nutritional Management of Children on Restrictive Diets
- Describe what makes a restrictive diet "restrictive" from a nutrition perspective
- Recognize how restrictions of the diet impact nutrition status
- Explain how nutrition can be improved for children on a restrictive diet
Module 3: Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
- Brief review of diagnostic criteria
- Evaluation and differential diagnosis
- Treatment options/methods
Nannette Blois-Martin, MSN, RN, CPNP, Center for Pediatric Behavioral Health, PEDZFEEDZ, PLLC
Disclosure: No disclosures to report. Some of the medications in her talk are used off label.
Correspondence: You may email Nannette Blois-Martin at: Pedzfeedz@gmail.com
Mary Beth Feuling, MS, RD, CSP, CD, Advanced Practice Dietition - Research & Technology
Disclosure: No disclosure to report
Correspondence:You may email Mary Feuling at: MFeuling@chw.org
Parker Hutson, PhD, and Rob Dempster, PhD, Nationwide Children's Hospital
Disclosure: No disclosures for either speakers to report.
- 1.00 Contact hours