JPHC CE: COVID-19: Impacts and Implications for Pediatric Practice
Important: This continuing education activity is FREE to NAPNAP Members. You must be logged in to be recognized as a Member of NAPNAP. If you are a current member of NAPNAP, and you are being asked to purchase this activity, please contact the NAPNAP National Office at (877) 662-7627 to request assistance prior to entering any information.
Participants are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell this course in any other form. For copyright-related questions, please email your question to: email@example.com
Copyright © 2020 Published by Elsevier Inc. on behalf of the National Association of Peditric Nurse Practitioners.
This continuing education activity is administered by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) as an Agency providing continuing education credit. Individuals who complete this program and earn a 70% or higher score on the post test will be awarded 0.75 NAPNAP contact hours.
Pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses
1. Distinguish risk factors for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)−related morbidity and mortality and identify modes of transmission.
2. Appraise appropriate COVID-19 testing parameters and procedures for children.
3. Compare pediatric clinical presentation to adults with COVID-19 infection and recommend appropriate treatment measures.
4. State appropriate infection-control measures to reduce transmission.
5. Describe measures to reduce the risk of infection spread, mitigate adverse health effects in high-risk children, and to promote general health through preventive care.
Jessica L. Peck, Clinical Professor, Louise Herrington School of Nursing, Baylor University, Dallas, TX.
Conflicts of interest: None to report
The author of this manuscript has no financial disclosures or conflict of interest disclosures to make. This work has not been published previously and is not under consideration for publication with any other entity.
Jessica L. Peck, DNP, APRN, CPNP-PC, CNE, CNL, FAANP,
Louise Herrington School of Nursing, Baylor University,
333 N Washington Ave., Dallas, TX 75246
- 0.75 Contact hours