JPHC CE: Child Maltreatment Prevention: Essentials for the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Important: This continuing education activity is FREE to NAPNAP Members. For non- members, this continuing education activity rate is $10. You must be logged in to use your NAPNAP Member ID# and Password to be recognized as a Member of NAPNAP. If you are a current member of NAPNAP, and you are being asked to purchase this activity, please contact the NAPNAP National Office at (877) 662-7627 to request assistance prior to entering any information.
Participants are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell this course in any other form. For copyright-related questions, please email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2021 by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
This continuing education activity is administered by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) as an Agency providing continuing education credit. Individuals who complete this program and earn a 70% or higher score on the post test will be awarded 0.75 NAPNAP contact hours.
Keywords: Child maltreatment, child abuse, prevention
Pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses
1. Define primary, secondary, and tertiary child maltreatment practice interventions.
2. Discuss important considerations when screening for psychosocial risk factors of abuse.
3. Explore anticipatory guidance related to child maltreatment prevention.
4. Discuss evidence-based home visitation, parenting training, and early childhood education program using evidence-based practice guidelines.
5. Explore the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner role in child abuse prevention.
Gail Hornor, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Center for Family Safety and Healing, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.
Correspondence: Gail Hornor, DNP, CPNP, SANE-P,
International Association of Forensic Nurses, 6755 Business
Parkway, Ste 303 Elkridge, MD 21075
- 0.75 Contact hours