Helping Breastfeeding Mothers Succeed
This continuing education activity is administered by the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) as an Agency providing continuing education credit. Individuals who complete this program and earn a 70% or higher score on the post test will be awarded 1.5 NAPNAP contact hour, of which 0 is pharmacology.
IMPORTANT: This continuing education activity is offered at a reduced rate to NAPNAP Members. You must be logged in using your NAPNAP Username and Password to be recognized as a Member of NAPNAP. If you are a current member of NAPNAP, and you are being asked to purchase this activity at the Non-Member rate, please contact the NAPNAP National Office at (877) 662-7627 to request assistance prior to entering any payment information.
Participants are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell this course in any other form. For copyright-related questions, please email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course offering is supported by Breastfeeding Education Special Interest Group.
Copyright 2019 © by National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
Pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses
- Demonstrate and assist with successful latching and positioning of various breastfeeding holds.
- Apply knowledge to perform a comprehensive breastfeeding assessment of the mother-baby dyad.
- Identify a breastfeeding mother’s needs and concerns utilizing evidence-based breastfeeding interventions.
- Apply knowledge of lactation education for employed mothers, while incorporating state and national breastfeeding policy.
- Understand lactation billing codes in an outpatient setting.
Alison Scott, DNP, PNP-BC, IBCLC: Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Ark.
Dr. Scott has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.50 Contact hours