3-PARRT 2023: Human Trafficking 102
0.5 NAPNAP Contact Hour. This continuing education activity is offered at a reduced rate of $5 to NAPNAP Members. For non-members, this continuing education activity rate is $10. This course is intended to help health care providers understand the nature of human trafficking with a focus on the pediatric population. Module 102 of the 3-PARRT series reviews the encounter of the trafficked or potentially trafficked patient in the clinical environment. We will discuss patient/provider barriers, how to approach the trafficked patient, history taking, review of systems, and physical assessment. We'll also go over maintaining safety for all involved, proper documentation of the encounter, and trauma informed care.
IMPORTANT: You must be logged in using your NAPNAP Username and Password to be recognized as a Member of NAPNAP. If you are a current member of NAPNAP, and you are being asked to purchase this activity at the non member price, please contact the NAPNAP National Office at (877) 662-7627 to request assistance prior to entering any payment information.
Participants are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell this course in any other form. For copyright-related questions, please email your question to: email@example.com
Copyright 2023 © by National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
This course was created in collaboration with NAPNAP Partners for Vulnerable Youth.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurse practitioners, nurses, advanced practice providers and other interested health care providers.
- Review clinical environments a patient may present
- Review patient/provider barriers to identification
- Discuss how to approach a trafficked or potentially trafficked person, including history and physical exam
- Talk about safety in the clinical environment and a how to have a trauma informed approach
- Learn how to properly document the encounter and the use of ICD 10 codes in trafficking
2018 – Original contributions were made to this course by:
- Chaka Batley, DNP, APRN, CPNP-PC, PMHS
- Jordan Greenbaum, MD
- Stacia M. Hays, DNP, CPNP-PC, CNE
- Jessica L. Peck, DNP, APRN, CPNP-PC, CNE, CNL, FAANP
- Kerri Taylor, MS, ccc-slp – Executive Director, UnBound Houston
January 2023 - NAPNAP Partners would like to recognize the reviews and updates to this course made by:
- Jason Spees, MSN, MaOM, APRN, L.Ac., FNP-C, Dipl. Ac. & C.H.
- Brenda Cassidy, DNP, RN, CPNP-PC
- Shenoa Jamieson, CRNP, SANE-A, SANE-P
- Katelyn Brown, RN, MSN, CPNP-PC
- Geraldine Fitzgerald, RN, MSN, APRN, CNP
Faculty/Planner Disclosure / Conflict of Interest Policy
The presenters and planners have nothing to disclose.
- 0.50 Contact hours