3-PARRT 2023: Human Trafficking 101
1.0 NAPNAP Contact Hour. This continuing education activity is offered at a reduced rate of $10 to NAPNAP Members. For non-members, this continuing education activity rate is $20. This course is intended to help health care providers understand the nature of human trafficking with a focus on the pediatric population. In Module 101 of the 3-PARRT series, we will review the definition of trafficking, explore myths and facts, sensationalism, and statistics, as well as the legal foundation and history of human trafficking in the United States. We will also discuss theoretical constructs related to trafficking, what a trafficker is, how trafficking happens, risks and vulnerabilities, underserved populations, and the health consequences of trafficking.
IMPORTANT: You must be logged in using your NAPNAP Username and Password to be recognized as a Member of NAPNAP. If you are a current member of NAPNAP, and you are being asked to purchase this activity at the non member price, please contact the NAPNAP National Office at (877) 662-7627 to request assistance prior to entering any payment information.
Participants are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell this course in any other form. For copyright-related questions, please email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2023 © by National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
This course was created in collaboration with NAPNAP Partners for Vulnerable Youth.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurse practitioners, nurses, advanced practice providers and other interested health care providers.
- Define human trafficking (HT) and explore language related to HT
- Review statistics and sensationalism in trafficking
- Discuss the nature of trafficking and how it occurs
- Describe the health impact of trafficking
October 2017 – Original contributions were made to this course by:
- Gail A. Hornor, DNP, CPNP
- Jessica L. Peck, DNP, RN, MSN, CPNP-PC, CNE, CNL
- Hannah Pressler, DNP, PNP-BC, AFN-BC
- Kerri Taylor, MS, ccc-slp – Executive Director, UnBound Houston
January 2023 - NAPNAP Partners would like to recognize the reviews and updates to this course made by:
- Jason Spees, MSN, MaOM, APRN, L.Ac., FNP-C, Dipl. Ac. & C.H.
- Brenda Cassidy, DNP, RN, CPNP-PC
- Shenoa Jamieson, CRNP, SANE-A, SANE-P
- Katelyn Brown, RN, MSN, CPNP-PC
- Geraldine Fitzgerald, RN, MSN, APRN, CNP
Faculty/Planner Disclosure / Conflict of Interest Policy
The presenters and planners have nothing to disclose.
- 1.00 Contact hours