TeamPeds Talks is a podcast series from the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) and features NAPNAP experts and stakeholders addressing key issues in pediatric health. The conversations are available wherever you listen to podcasts or on Anchor.fm.
Focus on Child and Adolescent Mental Health
We are excited to launch our second TeamPeds Talks podcast series in early 2021, exploring mental health impacts on children and adolescents as well as on pediatric caregivers. We are looking for novel applications, new initiatives, emerging trends and compelling stories demonstrating current trends and issues in child and adolescent mental health. We welcome you to submit an application for consideration to be a guest on this exciting podcast.
Conversations on Child Health Equity
TeamPeds Talks will spotlight Child Health Equity in our first Conversations on Child Health series. This series of recorded conversations will reflect the several key issues that make up the underlying factors in the arena of Social Determinants of Health.
Through this series, we will have important conversations with pediatric health care providers that are developing efforts to positively impact child health inequities.
These conversations will be available as podcasts, and the episodes can be viewed on PedsCESM for CE Contact Hours.
- Final Episode- Conversation on Child Health Equity (Available Dec 1, 2020) *Not eligible for CE
- Children in poverty: Through the lens of abuse (Available Nov 17, 2020)
- Racial Discrimination and Impact on Healthy Eating Patterns (Available Nov 10, 2020)
- Assessing Food Insecurity in Primary Care Environments (Available Nov 3, 2020)
- Civic Engagement: How Our Nursing Voice Influences Child Health Policy (Available Oct 27, 2020)
- Economic Stability: Housing Instability - Caring for Children in Military Families (Available October 20, 2020)
- NAPNAP Partners and the Alliance for Children in Trafficking (Available October 13, 2020)
- Responding to inequities in child food security: Opportunities for health professions to engage in cross-sector collaborations (Available October 6, 2020)
- Education: High School Graduation/Enrollment in Higher Education - How an Adoption Journey Led This NP to Work for Educational Justice (Available September 29, 2020)
- Neighborhood and Built Environment: Environmental Conditions - The Impact of Air Quality on Child Health (Available September 22, 2020)
- Health and Healthcare: Access to Primary Care - Nurse-Led School-Based Health Centers (Available September 15, 2020)
- Health and Health Care: Access to Care Environments - Inter-professional Care Experiences for Persons with Autism and Neurodiversity (Available September 8, 2020)
- Education: Early Childhood Education and Development - Mitigating Toxic Stress in Infants and Toddlers (Available September 1, 2020)
- Health and Healthcare: Access to Health Care - Excellence in School-Based Telehealth for Asthma & ADHD (Available August 25, 2020)
- Neighborhood: Quality of Housing - Home Visits to Improve Asthma Outcomes (Available August 18, 2020)
- Social and Community Context: Incarceration - Trauma-Informed Care in Juvenile Detention (Available August 11, 2020)
Certificate of Completion: NAPNAP intends to offer sixteen podcast episodes related to Child Health Equity. After the episodes have launched, you may complete all episodes in the series in any order that you choose. If you complete the CE activity for the first 15 podcast episodes, you may request a certificate of completion to demonstrate that you have completed the CE requirements for all episodes in the TeamPeds Talks Conversation on Child Health Equity curriculum. Requests for these certificate of completions may be sent to email@example.com.